Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Remembering Rowan Nails

See this on Instagram

This mani was done as part of a collaboration for a friend that lost her daughter (Rowan) at birth a year ago. You can view all the beautiful nails done for her at #RememberRowan on Instagram. It was great being part of the collaboration and I hope it helped Rowan's mom through some of her grief.


Flipagram video of all the manis done for Rowan


How to achieve this look:

1. Start by applying your base coat, I used Essie All in One.

2. Apply 2-3 layers of your base color, I used Sinful Colors Tempest.

3. Apply liquid latex or tape around your cuticle for easy clean up.

4. In a cup of room temperature water, drop s few drops of a nail polish into your water. I used Sally Hansen Babe Blue.

5. Sprits the spread polish with hairspray to create design.

6. When you're happy with your design, lineup your nails and dip in.

7. Using a cotton swab clean the surface of the water, once the water is clean, slowly remove your fingers.

8. Repeat steps 4-7 with another polish of your choice, I used Sally Hansen Celeb City.

9. For my ring finger I stamped butterflies with a Vivid Lacquer plate VL024 and an M Polish stamping polish.

10. Remove the latex or tape with tweezers, and with a small brush and acetone clean around your cuticles. I use the Kolinksy French Nail Brush #12.

11. When you're finished apply a top coat, I used NYC Grand Central Station.




The Vivid Lacquer plate I used for this mani is not a plate I would recommend. It is not an easy plate to work with as the images are not engraved deeply enough to pick them up easily. This is just my personal opinion about this plate and I'm only stating it so it may help others find high quality products.


Follow me on Instagram @MoManisMoProblems


**Nothing to disclose.**

1 comment: