Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Smokey Mani

See this look on Instagram

A group of us got together to do a tribute to our friend Carmen @ineedamani on IG. We all chose one of her manis to recreate then made a collage for her. I changed mine up a little from the original and started with a pink base, but I really liked the way these turned out!


See @ineedamani's original on Instagram

How to achieve this look:

1. Start by applying your base coat, I used Essie 3-way glaze.

2. Apply one coat of your base color and let dry. I used Shinespark "Pumped Pink".

3. Apply liquid latex or tape around your cuticle for easy clean up.

4. Choose a stamping image and apply to nail.

5. Remove the latex or tape with tweezers.

6. Apply a top coat, I used Essie Good to Go.

7. To get the smokey effect top with Sally Hansen's Big Smokey top coat or other sheer black polish.

8. With a small brush and acetone clean around your cuticles. I use the Kolinksy French Nail Brush.

See this look on Instagram

See this on Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @MoManisMoProblems

** Nothing to disclose. This mani was done with products I purchased.**

No comments:

Post a Comment