Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Rainbow Water Marble

See it on Instagram

How to get this look:

1. Start by applying your base coat, I used Essie All in One.

2. Then, apply a white base to help your colors pop, I used Pure Ice White.

3. Apply liquid latex or tape around your cuticle for easy clean up on your accent nails. 

4. In a cup of room temperature water, create a bulls eye by dropping different colors of nail polish. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail colors, they work great for marbling.

5. Using a needle, toothpick, or a dotting tool create a design from the bulls eye.

6. When you're happy with your design, lineup your nails and dip in. 

7. Using a cotton swab clean the surface of the water. Once the water is clean, slowly remove your fingers and remove the latex or tape with tweezers. 

8. With a small brush and acetone clean around your cuticles. I use the Kolinksy French Nail Brush #12. 

9. When you're finished apply a top coat, I used NYC Grand Central Station.


See it on Instagram &
Nail It magazine's Rainbow Nails Gallery

You can use all kinds of different tools for water marbling. I like to use a shot glass most of the time, I like how it keeps my bulls eye from spreading too far out, it works well for me. I use a needle to make my designs, wiping off the polish between each line of design to keep it clean and precise.

See it on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment