Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Painted Butterflies

See it on Instagram

See it on Instagram

How to achieve this look:

1. Start by applying your base coat, I used Essie All in One.

2. Then, apply your base colors to each nail. On the middle and ring fingers I used Milani Spotlight White as a base color for my accent nails. (In general using a white base for neons helps the colors turn out more vibrant.)

3. Apply drops of each color to a damp makeup sponge, and lightly apply it to the two accent nails. Apply the sponged colors in several thin layers to build to the desired color depth.

4. I used CICI&SISI plate 07 to apply the butterfly design.

5. With a small brush and acetone clean around your cuticles. I use the Kolinksy French Nail Brush #12.

6. When you're finished apply a top coat, I used NYC Grand Central Station.



The inspiration for this mani was my daughter's Easter dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment