Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Review: OPI Starlight Collection

See these on my IG

As part of the Preen.me VIP program I received six of the new OPI Starlight collection, including; Super Star Status, Let Your Love Shine, Comet Closer, Love is in My Cards, Two Wrongs Don't Make a Meteorite, and Give Me Space.


First up is Super Star Status, it is a silver shimmer with glitter and a hint of gold.  This is 2 coats, it applied easily, and covered well. I like this one but like a typical glitter you may have difficulty with removal.

Super Star Status

Next up is Let Your Love Shine, a deep red with copper shimmer in it. This one is two coats but you need to be careful not to overwork as you apply or you'll end up with an uneven application. This is definitely a really pretty color though! Removal is not the easiest as the shimmery glitters really stick to the nail.

Let Your Love Shine

This one is Comet Closer, it is a champagne color. If you apply this with only the brush you will get brush strokes and it's also a bit lumpy looking(you can see this in the macro below). To give it a more even look I did two coats brushed on then a third coat sponged on and think it looks nice. I also used this one to stamp over a couple of my manis and it stamps really well.

Comet Closer
You can see how yucky this one is just brushed on in the macro, streaky and lumpy... Ewe!
Macro of Comet Closer

Here we have Love is in My Cards, it is a bright creamy red, and really pretty! I applied two coats and a top coat here.

Love is in My Cards

Two Wrongs Don't Make a Meteorite is a glitter topper with diamond, boomerang, and mini shaped glitters. I'm not a huge fan of glitter topper and this one definitely didn't do anything for me, It wasn't too hard to fish out the glitters you wanted but they do kind of stick together.

Two Wrongs Don't Make a Meteorite

Last up is Give Me Space and it is my favorite one of the bunch, it is a nice deep blue with a silvery shimmer! But like Let Your Love Shine, it's not a lot of fun to remove.
Give Me Space

Overall I think I got a good set of colors, some of the other sets they sent out had a lot of colors that applied like Comet Closer and just looked strange. I think I'll probably seek out a few of the colors I did not receive because their were a few stunners that I need to see on my fingers!! I'll post a few nail art looks that I do with these soon!


**Disclosure- I received these products from OPI as part of the Preen.Me VIP program.**

No comments:

Post a Comment