Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

How to Clean Polish Out of Carpet



I can’t say I have actually lived through this mishap myself, but one of my close friends has. I’m going to share her experience of how she got black nail polish out of her light colored carpet, with you. I want to first say don’t do your nails in a carpeted area, but if it’s too late for that advice, hopefully this will help.

What you will need:


1. Use paper towel to soak up as much as possible. Blot DO NOT rub!
2. Use a small amount of acetone on a paper towel and blot. I don't suggest this because it could ruin the carpet fibers, but my friend did do this.
3. Scrub with shaving cream (must be cream not gel). Scrub, scrub, scrub.
4. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
5. Clean with wet vacuum cleaner.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until it is practically gone (probably 3-4 times).
7. Spray foaming glass cleaner on anything that is still deep down in the carpet and scrub hard.
8. One last go with the wet vac!
9. Don't do your nails near the carpet anymore!!


 

I hope this was helpful!



No comments:

Post a Comment